Knock on my Heart

                               





If you knock on my hear once

You'll hear the hollow cries

And the echoes of the whispers

Of a girl who used to fly

If you knock on my heart twice

You just might hear the story

Of a girl who loved the ones

Who stripped her of her glory

If you knock on my heart thrice

You'll find out crumpled soul

But do not be too upset

If you cannot make it whole

For there are so many people

Who've torn me inside out

And the ones who try to heal me

Have there eyes etched with doubt

I'm like a broken doll

My only sounds are tinned

And the badges of my solitude

Over my chest they are pinned

I know that I'm almost gone

That my heart is like a grain

But there's something you can do

That'll make music once again

Knock on it ten times more

You'll hear the tune of a song

Of a girl who loves to soar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl