Some Days

 

                                   


Some days are hard. and when they are,

i allow myself to feel whatever it is

that my body asks me to feel and i respect

the time it needs to fumble and flounder

and fall a little. some days i am swallowed

whole by things too big for me to hold.

and so i set them down. i rest, knowing

that even when i cannot slay the beast,

i can lay aside my sword for a moment and

work on protecting my spirit instead.

some days my heart beats like thunder

inside of my chest. it is heavy and loud.

and relentless. it does not listen to the

part of me that wants to silence the storm.

and so i take my eyes off of the noise and

fix them on quieter places. on music. and art.

and heaven. and trees. and i show myself

grace in the dark. even if i am shaking my

way through it. because some days i still

haven't caught my breath from yesterday yet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl