What I Would Tell You

                                    


To you, love was about multitudes.

To me, love was inordinate.


       I love you, I would say.

       How much? You would ask.


I couldn't find the words to answer you then.


But they have found their way to me since. And this is what I would tell you.


I would blanket the world in utter darkness; I would pull back

the veil of light and reveal to you, a blinding crescendo of stars.


I would drain all the seas and ask you to count-  one by one- every

grain of sand that clings to the ocean floor.


I would tally the beat of every human heart that has echoed since

the dawn of our becoming.


And as you look in awe at the sheer magnitude of my admission,

I would take your hand in mine and tell you; if only you had let

me, this is how much I could have loved you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl