Hey

                                             



Hey, I know we weren't meant to be together

And between us, this might never work at all.

But what love would it be if I wasn't still happy for you

When you parted from me and between us built a wall.


Hey, I know you don't feel the same way

And you can never reciprocate this feeling

And you should know I don't feel upset

In fact, I'm on my way to healing.


Hey, I always knew I might never get you

And we might not have our desired end

So I just look for opportunities to talk to you.

Becauese I'm okay being just a friend.


Hey, I might not be the one

And there's someone else who'll meet you in a while

Who has been born with the streak of luck

And who deserves to see your smile.


But hey, when you smile I smile too.

This big, goofy grin on my face.

And I'll always be waiting at home for you.

If you ever decide to stop by, in case.


Because, hey, you know, love doesn't always mean being together.

I find solace in listening to your laugh

And I'm fine with us being miles apart yet close at heart.

I might not be yours, but you are my other half.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

There's a girl