True Love

 

                             



In the middle of the night, when we get up

after making love, we look at each other in

complete friendship, we know so fully

what the other has been doing. Bound to each other

like mountaineers coming down from mountain,

bound with tie of the deliver - room,

we wander down the hall to the bathroom, I can

hardly walk, I wobble through the granular

shadow less air, I know where you are

with my eyes closed, we are bound to each other

with huge invisible threads, our sexes

muted , exhausted, crushed , the whole

body a sex- surely this

is the most blessed time of my life,

our children asleep in their beds, each fate

like a vein of abiding mineral

not discovered yet. I sit

on the toilet in the night, you are somewhere in the room,

I open the window and snow has fallen in a 

steep drift, against the pane, I 

look up, into it,

a wall of cold crystals, silent

and glistening, I quietly call to you

and you come and hold my hand and I say

I cannot see beyond it. I cannot see beyond it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl