THE WORDS I NEED TO SAY

 

                                      


Putting words together

Forming inside my head

Ready to be said,

The real question is,

Will they be heard?

When I speak, will they be slurred?

What is my worth?

Do I deserve to walk this earth?

Should I say,

All the words I want to say,

Or do I preserve,

What is left of my self-worth?

The hell with it!

I must address and express,

Depression holds me in darkness.

Anxiety tells me,

The darkness will keep me safe.

Racing thoughts, put words in my head,

Spinning them,

Telling me I should be dead.

I am nothing. I am worthless. I am empty.

I am darkness. I am ugly.

I can't get it right.

These are the words inside my head.

If I put them on paper,

Release them, set them free,

I'll have a moment where I can breathe.

You may not understand the words I say,

I made it,

One more day.

One more fight.

You may not see the struggle inside.

It's here . It's real. I do not lie.

I confess this isn't easy,

But these are the words I need to say.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl