Closed Doors

 

                                        






I remember the times i visited your mind,

i walked inside but didn't get very far.

you have put up so many roadblocks

to stop people from knowing who you are.


but there are parts you've told me before,

please don't think I'll ever forget.

i may forget your birthday or number of siblings

but I'll remember what makes you happy and upset.


they say a man's mind has many rooms

and you've said there's a locked one for me.

you've told me some of what's beyond the door

but I'd much rather you gave me the key.


I guess you aren't the only one who hides things-

there is so much about you i've left unsaid

but you don't understand the grawing frustration

of wanting to know all the thoughts in your head.


I know you have many shadowed thoughts

I've walked the beginning of that track

but i want to know your darkest thoughts too

i'm not afraid to walk in the pitch black.


i think the path you try the hardest to conceal

leads to the most beautiful part of your mind.

it's wild and messy and dangerous

and best of all, it's purely unrefined.


I've known you for quite some time now,

we've confined secrets that no one else knows

and we know we can trust each other,

yet there are many doors that we've kept closed


you cant comprehend how much i care for you

so much that it's agonizing when we speak

we've spent hours at the entrance of your mind

but beyond that you've only let me peek


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's pretty amazing at loving

Hey

There's a girl